Our partner presbyteries, the Nganza and Tshibashi Presbyteries, belong to the CPC (Communaute Presbyterienne au Congo) in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. They are located in the Kananga area.
The partnership was formally established under the guidelines of the PC(USA) in 2004. It was renewed in 2009 with a five year commitment.
We have grown much closer in Christ through our partnership and commit ourselves to one another with renewed zeal for the work of Christ throughout the world.
Local Church Partners
Together, the three presbyteries are committed to work together in these specific areas:
- Children’s Education
- Women’s Development
- Building and Repairing Churches
- Gwenda Fletcher works in the area of education.
- Bob and Kristy Rice work in evangelism and outreach.
- Ruth Brown, our newest missionary, serves in the area of development.
- Dr. John Fletcher faithfully labors at the Good Shepherd Hospital in the village of Tshikaji located in Nganza presbytery.
Financial support is needed for all of our missionaries.
Sheppard & Lapsley University
This institution is in the bounds of our partner presbyteries and educates clergy and lawyers for a large segment of Congo. Contributions may be made for scholarships or general support.